Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Why Should My Property Participate in This Program?
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is a state-of-the-art, crime prevention program designed to reduce crime, drugs, and gangs on apartment properties. The Program was successfully developed at the Mesa, Arizona Police Department in 1992 and has since spread throughout the United States and Canada. The program has been implemented in over 2,000 cities in 48 U.S. States, 5 Canadian Provinces, England, Japan, Finland and Puerto Rico. These properties will reap the benefits of reduced crime, better community awareness, increased property values, more attractive neighborhoods, advertisement of participation and improved quality of life.
How Do We Get Involved?
Getting involved in the City’s Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is simple. There are no requirements other than the desire to establish or maintain a “Crime Free” environment. The three phases are completed in consecutive order and members of the police department will be with you every step of the way to assist you with becoming fully certified in the program. Once the apartment community is fully certified, the property will be granted permission the use of Crime Free Multi-Housing signs stating they have joined the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program. The property will also be granted use of the program logo for marketing purposes.
To obtain further information on the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
and/or to register for upcoming training contact:
Sergeant Harry Haigh at email@example.com or call (629) 201-5574
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Minimum Requirements
1. 180 degree “peepholes” in all front doors
2. One inch deadbolts on all exterior doors
3. Three inch screws in strike plates and at least one in each door hinge
4. Lift and slide protection on all accessible windows
5. Lift and slide protection on all accessible sliding doors
6. Hinges pinned (Outward Opening Doors)
7. Adequate security lighting in working order
8. Clearly visible address/building number on each unit
9. Properly trimmed landscaping
- Lower tree branches must be trimmed to a minimum of (6) feet from ground
- Bushes and plants near buildings, windows, and walkways must not exceed (3) feet in height or impair the residents' view outside
- Bushes, plants and trees within (12) feet from edge of any walkways, sidewalks, driveways, gates, doors, receptacle areas, parking lots must be maintained so it is not to impair view of pedestrians using these areas
- Perimeter landscaping must not provide an area of concealment
- Landscaping must not interfere with lighting
|Phase I||Property managers must personally attend a free 8 hour education training class on various aspects of effective property management. Other property staff are encouraged to attend as soon as possible. Once a property obtains certification, all new full time staff are required to complete the training class within their first 3 months of employment. Topics discussed include applicant screening, rental agreements, ongoing property management, crime prevention through environmental design, warning signs of gang and drug activity, the role of the police and crisis resolution.|
|Phase II||During Phase II of the program an on-sight property review is conducted from a crime prevention standpoint utilizing the tools of CPTED. The CPTED concept incorporates such issues as locks, lighting, landscaping, and cleanliness of the property.|
|Phase III||Phase III of the program incorporates tenant involvement through resident crime prevention training. Properties are required to hold an on-sight apartment watch meeting which is conducted by a representative of the police department.|
- 1540 Place 1540 New Lascassas Hwy.
- Ashwood Cove 1 1211 Hazelwood St.
- Ashwood Cove 2 1606 N. Tennessee Blvd.
- Ashwood Cove 3 1735 Lascassas Pk.
- Aspen Heights 1955 Old Castle Dr.
- Brookwood Terrace 2743 S. Rutherford Blvd.
- Brownstone 1455 New Lascassas Pk.
- Campus Crossings 285 N. Rutherford Blvd.
- Campus Villa 902 Greenland Dr.
- Carrington Park 2778 Rideout Ln.
- Cason Ridge 1647 Cason Ln.
- Chelsea Place 805 Bradyville Pk.
- City Edge Flats 2435 Willowbrook Dr.
- Colony House 1510 Huntington Dr.
- Cross Court 550 Crossway Ave.
- Cross Creek at Victory Station 490 Fortress Blvd.
- Dana Downs 1400 New Lascassas Pk.
- East Main Quarters 1604 E. Main St.
- Gateway 1840 Lascassas Pk.
- Green Meadow 425 Warrior Dr.
- Greenland East 816 Greenland Dr.
- Nottingham Apartments 1311 Greenland Dr.
- Olympus Hillwood 210 Hillwood Blvd.
- Rivermont 2160 N. Thompson Ln.
- Rutherford Woodlands 1310 N. Rutherford Blvd.
- Spring Valley 1400 Manor Dr.
- Student Quarters at Greenland 920 Greenland Dr.
- Student Quarters at Hazelwood 1350 Hazelwood St.
- Student Quarters at Rutherford 2827 S. Rutherford Blvd.
- The Blue Apartments 2707 S. Rutherford Blvd.
- The Grove 1320 Journey Dr.
- The Pointe at Raiders Campus 2315 N. Tennessee Blvd.
- The Southern 1751 New Lascassas Pk.
- The Verve 3015 S. Rutherford Blvd.
- University Pointe 1238 Sloan St.
- Vie at Murfreesboro 1345 Wenlon Dr.
- Wycliff 1255 E. Northfield Blvd.