Planning & Zoning Forms and Documents
- Zoning Ordinance - The Zoning Ordinance establishes classifications, regulations, and restrictions for the location of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional uses. This download includes procedures, definitions, illustrations, and other requirements for zoning, variances, special use permits, annexation, and development in the city. Below are the various forms needed for petitioning for annexation, applying for rezoning, and submitting for site plan and subdivision plat review.
- The fees associated with the above forms are listed in the link below along with the Planning Commission Calendar.
- Growth Policy - The Tennessee General Assembly enacted Public Chapter 1101 in 1998 and this pamphlet explains how this new law affects countywide growth policy, municipal boundary changes through annexation, and the incorporations of new municipalities.
- Home Occupation Application
- Board of Zoning Appeals Overview - The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) Overview is a summary of the Board of Zoning Appeals and the requirements for granting variances and special use permits. The 2017 BZA meeting dates and deadlines calendar is available here. To make an appearance before the BZA, please complete an application to appear and return it to:
To find out more about appearing before the BZA, please contact the Planning Department at 615-893-6441.
Copies of these documents are available for reference purposes only. Although considerable care has been taken to assure that these documents accurately represent the correct information or latest version, the City of Murfreesboro does not warrant that these are true and accurate copies. For verification, please contact the appropriate city department.