Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital (formerly Middle Tennessee Medical Center) recently built a new hospital in the Gateway with 286 beds on 68.5 acres of land owned by St. Thomas.
The new hospital's campus of 68.5 acres is more than four times larger than MTMC's former campus on Highland Avenue, where the hospital was established in 1927. The new hospital received the largest single building permit ever issued in Murfreesboro.
With more than 200 physicians on its medical staff, representing nearly 30 different medical specialties, St. Thomas Rutherford offers a comprehensive array of services. St. Thomas Rutherford's Emergency Department has greatly expanded:
Treats more than 50,000 patients per year.
More than 90,000 patients each year seek outpatient diagnostic or treatment procedures in one of our facilities.
Nearly 2,500 babies are born each year in the Women's Pavilion at MTMC, another facility that has undergone a significant expansion in 2002.
The new NICU Nursery provides state-of-the-art care for at-risk babies.