Here's a way to follow us in the ever expanding world of social media. Like us on Facebook.
Citizens Fire Academy and Citizens Police Academy are six-week programs that offer a small group of area residents the opportunity to view and participate in the activities and services provided by the Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department (MFRD) and Murfreesboro Police Department (MPD). Academy participants will receive an insider’s view of operations. The academies conclude with a graduation ceremony with class members receiving certificates of completion.
Boards & Commissions Meetings
All City Council appointed boards, commissions, and committees are open to the public and are advertised in a locally distributed publication, The Murfreesboro Post. Agendas and minutes are also available. Submit your interest in serving on a board, commission or committee by completing a questionnaire. When a vacancy occurs on that board, commission, or committee, your interest will be considered by City Council members for appointment.
All interested parties are invited to attend and participate in public hearings.
CityTV & Videos
Tune in to CityTV (Comcast channel 3 or AT&T U-verse channel 99) to find out what’s happening in Murfreesboro. The city’s government access channels provide:
- Coverage of numerous city public meetings
- Local informational programming about city programs and services offered by city departments
- Local election candidate forums
- Information on public health, safety, and welfare issues
- Information on local city school closings and city emergency information
- Information about the city and city departments on the video bulletin board
- View of traffic conditions through over 20 cameras throughout the city
The city’s mission is to serve its citizens. To help you become familiar with what each department does, browse the city departments.
Questions, Comments & Suggestions
Browse through the staff directory for city council members, department heads, and key department personnel. Please contact us with your questions, ideas, comments, and suggestions about our city.