Learn More About the Process
- Most recently, members of City Council and the Murfreesboro Planning Commission participated in a workshop facilitated by Bret Keast of Kendig Keast Collaborative. The workshop, "Leadership Training", was held on August 24, 2016 to train our civic leaders on how to effectively use and implement the 2035 Comprehensive Plan for decision- and policy-making.
- In August 2016, a draft Executive Summary was released for public review.
- On July 21, 2016, City of Murfreesboro hosted a PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE, with representatives from Kendig Keast Collaborative, on the completed chapters of the Murfreesboro 2035 Plan. In addition, attendees were asked to participate in a prioritization exercise to identify the most urgent and most critical recommendations for the City to focus on over the next 1 to 3 years of implementation.
- Participants were provided with twenty-three stickers, 20 worth 1-point each and 3 worth 5-points each, and asked to place these stickers next to the recommendations that they felt were most important for implementation.Throughout the Plan, there are more than 100 individual recommendations, with the assistance of our 2035 Task Force Members, City Council, Planning Commission, city staff, and the public, we hope to strategically focus on a top 10-20 items for immediate action.
- If you would like to see the complete list of recommendations provided during the public open house, please follow the link below for Table 8.3 Implementation Action Plan.
Murfreesboro 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Your questions and participation are vital to developing the vision for our community. If you have any questions about these documents, please contact the City Manager's office.
- Executive Summary: draft August 17, 2016
- Table 8.3 Implementation Action Plan: July 21, 2016
- Future Land Use Map: July 25, 2016
- Future Land Use Plan: Presentation Sep 3, 2015
- Land Development Code Critique: Presentation Jun 6, 2015
- Growth Capacity: Land Utilization and Demand
- Progress Summary Oct 28, 2014
- Invitation to Small Group Community Listening Sessions