As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our community, we want to update you on the steps we have taken to ensure business continuity for our customers. As a courtesy to customers who may have gotten behind on their bills, we’ve established new billing policies to offer more options for customers to effectively manage their water account.
- For past due balances over $50, payment extensions can now be made online and in office. Extensions CANNOT be made over the phone.
- The individual requesting a payment extension is no longer required to be associated with the account and there will be NO ID required to sign a payment extension.
- The individual requesting a payment extension must provide their name and contact information if they are not the primary account holder.
- Online extensions must be submitted by 12 PM (Noon) the day prior to your service disconnection date.
- Upon notice, payment extensions may be cancelled before their due date.
- Complete an online payment extension here: www.murfreesborotn.gov/FormCenter/Water-Resources-13/Payment-Extension-Request-83
- A payment arrangement is a contractual agreement that allows you to pay overdue balances and get your account up to date by scheduling a series of payments on specific dates over a course of time.
- We are currently accepting payment arrangements for over a span of THREE (3) or SIX (6) months.
- Payment arrangements can only be made with a Customer Service Representative, in office, for outstanding account balances.
- Payment arrangements must be made by the primary account holder.
- Monthly water bills occurring AFTER a payment arrangement is made must be paid to avoid past due balances and/or service disconnections for non-pay.
- If a customer’s service has been disconnected due to a broken extension, the account’s past due balance PLUS the service disconnection fee must be paid IN-FULL before an extension or arrangement can be made.
During this time of uncertainty, Murfreesboro Water will proceed in doing everything we can to support our community. We are committed to maintaining our business operations and ensuring our customers continue to receive the highest quality service without disruption. It is with our greatest hope that you and your family are well during these times.
If there are further questions or concerns regarding water service, please contact us at 615-848-3209. Our office is open Monday thru Friday, 8AM- 4:30PM. For all other online services, please visit us at www.murfreesborotn.gov/MWRD.
We’re here when you need us; we’re in this together.