Can you “Imagine A Day Without Water”? Join the Murfreesboro Water Resources Department’s high school video contest. The September episode of ‘In the City’ with Michael Linn White also features information on CPR training, Rover, and the recent City Council elections. The Sept. 2020 edition with Michael Linn White is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/YbQpkpCOs4I.
The Sept. 2020 edition of “In the City,” airing on CityTV throughout the month, features:
- The Murfreesboro City Council welcomes a new member. “In the City” has election result reaction. The new face is Shawn Wright. Hear reaction from Wright along with comments from re-elected members Bill Shacklett and Kirt Wade https://youtu.be/LWCR6ijSae4.
- Since 2007, Rover, the City’s transit system, has provided safe and reliable transportation to citizens and visitors, including workers from Nashville and surrounding communities who transfer from RTA to Rover buses. Rover Operations Supervisor Richard Hinton shows viewers the system used to keep the buses serviced and sanitized during Covid-19 https://youtu.be/uKHiWHoQcSE.
- MFRD personnel are routinely trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Eighty percent of MFRD calls for service are medically related. Assistant Chief Jeff Wright details the requirements that firefighters must have be certified to respond to medical emergencies https://youtu.be/cXd6FA5GqZs.
- Founded in 1989, Rutherford County Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes. For the third year in a row, the local housing agency has received a grant from the Bonnaroo Works Fund to encourage recycling through the ReStore www.rchfh.org Watch video at https://youtu.be/IbdgItS6RXQ.
- The Murfreesboro Water Resources Department Community Affairs team is sponsoring an “Imagine A Day Without Water” high school video contest to promote conservation. Learn about all the details at www.murfreesborotn.gov/iadww. Watch video at https://youtu.be/NK3xNThqqTE .
- Marcus Delaney showcases the skills, experiences and benefits of Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Volleyball Camp from Parks Assistant Athletic Coordinator Alex May https://youtu.be/sAMgtu2QZ7k.
- MFRD recently hosted a national ‘Firefighter Combat Challenge’ at the Doug Young Public Safety Training Facility https://youtu.be/O_3MTnAZCqY.
- Murfreesboro native Chris Curtis is heading to the West Point Military Academy. Michael Linn White features this Riverdale High School student, Eagle Scout, ROTC Cadet and athlete representing our City https://youtu.be/oFG53h50gnc.
“In the City” is hosted by multimedia journalist Michael Linn White and produced by Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The Sept. 2020 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube and Facebook. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on Channel 3. “In the City” also airs on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.