The latest edition of “In the City” is available for viewing via YouTube and other platforms this month. The November episode of ‘In the City’ with Michael Linn White features new artificial turf at Richard Siegel Soccer Fields, a ribbon-cutting for the new Barfield Crescent Park Greenway Trailhead, and a new director for the City’s Solid Waste Department.
The Nov. 2020 edition with Michael Linn White is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/ZC_e8M2jABs. The Nov. 2020 edition of “In the City,” airing on CityTV throughout the month, features:
- The Richard Siegel Soccer Fields will soon have new Artificial Turf thanks to the City employees who carefully manage fields throughout the City. Turf Care Manager Shane Lamb details Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the project https://youtu.be/Y3JvRfJCFwU.
- The Murfreesboro City Schools “Farm2School” program continues to thrive in educating the whole child. Reeves Rogers Principal Cherrye Robertson explains https://youtu.be/PrfLycoUv-Q.
- MFRD Special Operations includes “Structural Collapse” Training. UT Institute for Public Service Program Manager Walter Idol features the training https://youtu.be/Cs5TsM2FPmQ.
- The Murfreesboro Solid Waste Department recently hired a new director. Russell Gossett brings private sector knowledge to solid waste operations and innovations. https://youtu.be/eUH2SpxrNao.
- If you missed the ribbon-cutting for the new Barfield Crescent Park Greenway Trailhead, watch the event on completion of Phase 4--three miles along the West Fork of the Stones River. Former Congressman Bart Gordon, instrumental in the Greenway’s development, was on hand for the special ribbon-cutting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jxURfiDX4.
- Linebaugh Public Library grant funding in 2020 includes CARES Act funds provided by Congress. ‘In the City’ takes you to a big check event with Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett https://youtu.be/QhqQ9FhrVPg.
- An update on the EMS Task Force after the agreement reached to enhance emergency medical response.
- Local law enforcement sponsored a ‘Trunk or Treat’ to celebrate the holiday with a drive-thru event https://youtu.be/kLx6RNdU82o.
- ‘Frieghtensburg’ at Cannonsburgh Village provided Murfreesboro with a safe haunt venue, attracting teens and adults with great success.
“In the City” is hosted and produced by award-winning multimedia journalists Michael Linn White and Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The November 2020 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube and Facebook. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on Channel 3. “In the City” also airs on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.