Murfreesboro’s model Greenway is featured in the latest edition of “The Insider,” the City’s monthly podcast, beginning Sunday, Dec. 20. Listen to this edition of “Insider” at
"The Insider" Podcast
If you prefer to watch the podcast on YouTube, including video and photos of the Greenway’s Barfield Trailhead ribbon-cutting, visit https://youtu.be/dqkUo0DaJog. The podcast will premiere on Podbean Sunday. The video version will be available on CityTV, YouTube, and Facebook beginning at 3 p.m. Dec. 20.
The City recently completed construction of Phase 4 of the Murfreesboro Stones River Greenway with a ribbon-cutting Oct 23, 2020. The nearly three-mile stretch follows the West Fork of the Stones River through limestone bottom river and tributaries, hardwood forest, and cedar glade-like environments. Smaller trailheads offer parking, interpretive panels about local fauna and flora.
Topics discussed with Parks & Recreation Director Nate Williams and Assistant Director Rachel Singer include:
- How the Stones River Greenway adds to the quality of life in Murfreesboro.
- Why the Murfreesboro Stones River Greenway is considered a model greenway in Tennessee.
- Features of the newest section from the terminus at Barfield Crescent Park to the Cason Trail.
- Plans for additional trail miles of the North Murfreesboro section of the Greenway.
- The new brochure for the Greenway featuring all 16 trailheads at www.murfreesboroparks.com.
This latest edition of “The Insider” is available via Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcast and the newest platform—“Amazon Music/Audible.” Podcasts can be accessed on the City of Murfreesboro’s website. Just click the “Podcast” link on the bottom of the homepage under “Connect With Us” https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ then click the latest episode or listen to previous episodes.
“Insider” is hosted by Mike Browning and produced by Michael Nevills at City Hall.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.