Road improvements slated in 2022 are highlighted this month on “The Insider,” Murfreesboro’s official podcast. Chris Griffith, executive director for Public Infrastructure, highlights multiple projects in the 30-minute episode.
Improving traffic flow and reducing traffic congestion is the aim of major street improvements to widen roadways or add turn lanes, as well as new sidewalks and multi-use paths. The Rutherford Boulevard Extension is the latest of these improvements to be announced and approved by City Council.
Listen to “The Insider” at https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ beginning Thursday, March 30, at 6:30 p.m. “The Insider” is also available for viewing on Murfreesboro CityTV and YouTube https://youtu.be/BxWEVRWF-_0.
This 30-minute edition of “The Insider” with Chris Griffith features:
- A new pedestrian-friendly bridge on Brinkley Road near Blaze Drive and Timber Creek near the entrance to Berkshire Subdivision is the next phase of the road widening project that includes multi-use trails and a sidewalk extending underneath the bridge.
- Chaffin Place at Old Fort Parkway and Thompson Lane near I-24 and the entrance to shopping and hotels is also slated for enhancement with a widened turn lane.
- The final phase (Phase 2) of Rucker Lane between Muirwood Blvd. and Hwy 96 (Franklin Road) near the Marymount Subdivision entrance will widen the road from two to three lanes. Phase 1 is already completed. Phase 2 is expected to take two years.
- The Beasie Road and River Rock Blvd. Connector Bridge near Costco and Lazydays RV will improve traffic in the Cason Lane area west of I-24. The project begins with purchasing Right-of-Way with 2 to 2 ½ years estimated for completion.
- TDOT is beginning construction to widen Phase 2 of New Salem Hwy east of I-24 to Old Fort Parkway. Griffith noted that this phase of the project was initially delayed by TDOT as work was conducted on the Bridge Over Broad to allow for an alternative to Memorial Blvd. during bridge construction. Phase 2 is expected to take two years. Later, Phase 3 will extend from Cason Lane to Veterans Parkway.
- The Major Thoroughfare Plan recommended a bridge to extend Rutherford Blvd. over I-24 between Riverdale High School and New Salem Highway by cutting across an open area to Warrior Drive. City engineers are already working with TDOT to design the bridge, but the project is beginning in 2022 with necessary road improvements.
City engineers are currently managing along with consultants between 45 and 50 projects to enhance traffic flow and safety throughout the City of Murfreesboro.
This latest edition of “The Insider” is available via Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcast and “Amazon Music/Audible.” Podcasts can be accessed on the City of Murfreesboro’s website. Click the “Podcast” icon link on the bottom of the homepage under “Connect With Us” https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ then click the latest episode or listen to previous podcasts.
For more information on Road Projects in the City of Murfreesboro, contact Chris Griffith at email@example.com. Griffith is celebrating his 20th anniversary with the City of Murfreesboro in 2022.
“The Insider,” hosted by Mike Browning, originates from City Hall, and is produced by award-winning producer Michael Nevills.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.