Park Rules & Safety
Our parks were developed to provide the citizens of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County with wholesome family recreational activities. We encourage your participation and request your cooperation in keeping the park attractive for everyone.
The following are prohibited:
- The use of alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco products, and firearms
- Selling goods or soliciting without city’s prior written approval
- Parking on the grass. Use designated parking lots only.
- Vandalizing property or facilities.
- Glass containers of any kind
- Climbing on any structure or fence other than in playgrounds
- Fires other than in designated picnic and campground areas
- All pets must be in a vehicle or on a leash, unless within the enclosed fence area of the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Bark Park, and physically controlled at all times.
- With the exception of service dogs, dogs or other domestic animals are not allowed in any park property building or athletic areas/fields unless otherwise authorized or approved.
- Persons with pets on trails, Bark Park, picnic and camping areas will be responsible for proper removal and disposal of the animal’s waste.
- No pets (with the exception of service animals).
- No scooters, skateboards, skates, bikes or motorized vehicles.
- Do not deface property including sidewalks, buildings, and structures. No sidewalk chalk.? • The use of tobacco products including smoking is not permitted within the complex.
- The possession of alcohol, drugs, and firearms will be punishable by law.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Do not climb on structures or fences.
- No selling of goods or soliciting without prior written permission
- Please do not kick, hit or throw balls against fences or structures.
- No fighting or foul language.
Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department is proud of the many beautiful features in our parks and facilities, and are honored that you are considering one of our sites for your photo session. There are no fees to take photographs in any Murfreesboro park or greenway. In order to facilitate a positive experience for all park users, please read the following policies and procedures:
- All park rules must be followed.
- Please do not alter the plants, facilities, signs, or equipment in any way, and do not step into the landscape and flower beds. Do not climb equipment or historical features. Damage and repair costs will be assessed to the photographer and/or responsible party.
- Photographers shall make efforts not to interfere with other park visitors. Do not block walkways or entrances, and please be considerate of other users.
- Many of our facilities and grounds are available for rent; therefore, if a photographer would like to reserve park space, he or she may do so using established reservation procedures to include associated fees. If the photographer does not wish to make a reservation, he or she may take photographs with the understanding that special events, programs, weddings and other rentals take priority, and photography sessions will not be allowed in the same park space.
Professional videographers must obtain a Location Agreement from City Hall. Please allow at least 5 days for approvals.
Put valuables out of sight before you arrive.
Lock your vehicle.
Take your key with you.
Help us keep our parks safe, starting with the parking lots and Greenway trailheads!
Non-emergency police dispatch phone number: 615-893-1311