Property Maintenance

tall grass2 (3)The Building and Codes Department enforces the provisions or the City’s adopted Property Maintenance Code, amendments and city ordinances that relate to property maintenance. This includes weeds and grass over 12”, open storage, inoperable vehicles, unlicensed vehicles and substandard housing.  

Owners or tenants that are in violation of any ordinance related to property maintenance will receive a notice of violation from the City advising them of the violation, a time frame to bring the property into compliance and the remedy needed to resolve the violation.

If you have a complaint about a property, you may contact our Property Maintenance Clerk.  If you wish to remain anonymous, you may call our office at 615-893-3750 with your complaint and refrain from providing your name.