Planning Your Event

There are many wonderful venues in the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department that are ideal locations for a variety of events. If your organization would like to use a park, pavilion, or facility for a special event, please call the Administrative Office at 615-890-5333 for details.

If your event or use includes any of the following, a Special Use Agreement between the event organizer and the City of Murfreesboro is required:
  • Any event in which the number of people in attendance exceeds the capacity of the individual shelter(s);
  • Any event involving the solicitation for goods, services, donations or affiliation from the general public;
  • Any exhibit, musical or dramatic performance, fair, concert, play, radio or television broadcast, other than a news transmission;
  • Any exhibit or display of a motion picture, television program, light or laser light display or similar event;
  • Any event involving the erection of a stage, scaffold, platform or other structure;
  • Any event involving the erection of tent space (individual or combined) larger than 400 square feet (20’ x 20’);
  • All sports tournaments, league sport events and competitive or fundraising races, fun-runs and walks; and
  • Any other events interfering with the use of the park or park space outside of the reserved shelter space by the general public. The reserved shelter space includes a 50-foot perimeter of green space for use by event participants but does not include exclusive use of adjacent playgrounds, volleyball, disc golf, restrooms, or other part facilities.
  • Any event in which the public act large is invited to attend
  • Any event open to the general public and designed to distribute or serve food
  • Any other activity that qualifies buy not specifically listed above as determined by the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department director or director designee


  • Review the Guidelines for Special Use
  • Complete the Application for Special Use (included with the Guidelines for Special Use) and submit to the Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office at least 60 days before the event date.
  • A Murfreesboro Parks and Recreation Department representative will contact you to go over the details of your event

Use of Other City Properties

Any person or organization desiring to conduct a special event (parade, fair, foot race, bicycle race, or other activity) affecting the ordinary use of City streets, right-of-ways, sidewalks, or other infrastructure must apply for a permit authorizing the activity. The application must be received at City Hall at least thirty (30) days before the scheduled special event and must be approved by the City Manager.