Airport STEAM Festival
The TN Steam Festival is bringing science, technology, engineering, art, and math to life at events across the state! We will host an event to all members of the surrounding communities to engage in the sciences and learn about what the Murfreesboro Airport does for the community.
On Saturday, October 21, the Murfreesboro Airport is hosting an exciting event with our friends at the Murfreesboro Discovery Center!
The Airport will be participating is the annual state wide STEAM Festival from 9 am to 1 pm. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM).
We have put together an exciting lineup of different aircraft and City Departments to display their aircraft and vehicles to be on display. Children will be able to walk around and talk with the operators about how their vehicles work, how people use the equipment, and what makes these aircraft or vehicles go. The aircraft on display include military helicopters, Vanderbilt LifeFlight helicopter, Experimental Aircraft, aircraft jet and piston engines, Murfreesboro Police Department and Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue vehicles. This will be a fun time for the entire family.
- No Fallen Heros Foundation: showcased by retired Top Gun Pilot “Whiz” Buckley and his L-39 fighter-jet!
- Veterans of Foreign Wars: showcasing how to get involved with the local post and serve your veterans
- 101st Airborne: CH-47 Chinook and an AH-64E Apache
- TN Army Nation Guard: UH-60 Blackhawk
- News Channel 5: showcasing their news helicopter and equipment
- Experimental Aircraft Association: a very active local chapter will be showcasing:
o How Airplanes Fly
o Microsoft Flight Simulator
o Several personal, member owned, aircraft that are based at MBT
- Murfreesboro Aviation: Yak-52 and will be showcasing one of their training aircraft and sharing opportunities to do discovery flights as well as how to learn to fly
- Middle Tennessee State University: DA-40, showcasing their aircraft maintenance lab, their drone operations, as well as showcasing their collegiate opportunities
- Murfreesboro Police: showing their tools of the trade in keeping our community safe
- Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue: Ladder 6 truck and giving live fire lessons on how to use a fire extinguisher
- Wiser Consulting: showcasing their LIDAR technology drone
- AirEvac (Ascension) and LifeFlight (Vanderbilt) will be showcasing their medical evac helicopters
- Rutherford County Library Systems: showcasing their STEAM kids available for kids of all ages
- The list is growing! Please check back to see more as we get closer!
Courtesy of our generous sponsors and the skilled cooks of the EAA: a free hotdog lunch will be offered to all that attend. The includes 1 all beef hotdog, 1 bottle of water, and 1 bag of assorted chips, while supplies last.
Click this link to find out how you can sponsor our STEAM festival and other airport community events!