Airport STEAM Festival
What a great day of learning and fun we had! ALL 1,500+ people that attended!
The TN Steam Festival is bringing science, technology, engineering, art, and math to life at events across the state! The airport hosted its own event to all members of the surrounding communities to engage in the sciences and learn about what the Murfreesboro Airport does for the community.
The Murfreesboro Airport STEAM festival had tons of static displays showing off aspects of aviation to the community. There were educational opportunities to engage in that taught on the fundamentals of aviation. Here are some of the amazing exhibits we had:
- The 101st Airborne Division: CH-47 (Chinook) and their Engineering Battalion brought an armored LET and Dozer!
- TN Army National Guard: UH-60 (Blackhawk)
- Murfreesboro City Police: drones and special remote equipment
- Murfreesboro City Fire: Ladder 6 and their fire extinguisher training equipment
- Experimental Aircraft Association: taught kids the forces of flight and how a plane flies! They also had a great display of personal aircraft to engage with as well as set up a Microsoft Flight Simulator for everyone to fly! We cannot give them enough credit and appreciation for grilling over 400 hotdogs for our guests!
- Civil Air Patrol: educated the community on their mission and how they support the community as well as showed off their own search and rescue aircraft. Kudos to CAP and their critical role in the safety of our guests as they traversed an active airfield as well as managed the parking for this huge day!
- T-34 Association: Dan McCormick showed off his T-34 Naval Trainer
- Murfreesboro Aviation: Soviet Yakovlev Fighter Trainer on display as well as provided the raffle prizes to our sponsors
- Middle TN State University: opened up their maintenance hangar to see all the inner workings of engines as well as showed off the DA-40. They also had a very impressive display of drones from their UAV department
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight: one of their active service medical evac helicopters that serve our community
- Paper Airplane Station: folded custom paper airplanes and decorated them to fly cool as could be!
- Other Displays Included: Beechcraft 900D, a 1/2 scale replica of a P-51 Mustang, and a Stemme S12 Glider
Check out all the amazing moments we captured here!
Thank you to all of our sponsors for making this event possible!
Thank you to all of our volunteers!
Congratulations to our sponsor raffle winners: Fast Signs, The Aziz Team, and Griggs & Maloney!
Enjoy your Discovery Flights, courtesy of Murfreesboro Aviation!