The City of Murfreesboro, the county seat of Rutherford County, is located at the geographic center of the State of Tennessee approximately 35 miles southeast of the state's capitol in Nashville. Murfreesboro is located in Rutherford County, an adjacent county to Metropolitan Davidson County. It is included in the Nashville Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
State-of-the-Art Medical Services
Middle Tennessee Medical Center is located in Murfreesboro and provides hospital care for patients from Rutherford, Cannon, Coffee, Bedford, Warren and DeKalb counties.
Tennessee's New Business Address
Murfreesboro is set to become Tennessee's new business address. It is home to:
- Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU), one of Tennessee's fastest growing universities, which offers a diverse education for today and tomorrow's highly-skilled workforce
- Enrollment of over 19,000
- Offers an excellent education along with extensive opportunity for art, sporting events, drama, and musical performances
- Offers doctoral degrees in health / physical education, chemistry, history, English, and economics
- Wide array of residential and commercial development options, along with some of the finest schools in Tennessee
- Public and private sectors committed to working together to stimulate and encourage new business development and growth
For more information, please visit the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce website.
If you would like additional information about the City of Murfreesboro, please call the City Manager at 615-849-2629.