Applications, Permits & Forms

  1. Administration
  2. Civic Plaza
  3. Finance & Tax
  4. Building & Codes
  5. Communications
  6. Planning & Engineering
  7. Police Department
  8. Senior Center
  9. Solid Waste
  10. Transportation
  11. Urban Environmental

Application and Special Event Permit

Special Events held within the city limits require a Special Event Permit approved by the City Manager.

"Special Event" is defined as "Any event which occurs in whole or in part on public property or public right-of-way which affects the ordinary use of public streets, rights-of-way, sidewalks or other public infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, parades, fairs, carnivals, foot races, bicycle races, and block parties. Private gatherings which make no use of public property or streets other than for lawful parking are not included, unless the event constitutes a use of private property that is not usual or customary for that property and zoning district, and any of the following apply: (a) event duration of more than two consecutive days or two consecutive weekends, (b) overnight camping, (c) sale and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages, including beer, or (d) estimated daily attendance of more than 250 people." (City Code Chapter 21, Article II: Special Events)

No person shall engage in, participate in, aid, form or start any special event unless a permit has been granted by the City Manager.  Exceptions, where a special event permit is not required: (1) funeral processions; (2) wedding processions; (3) governmental agencies acting within the scope of their functions; and (4) spontaneous events occasioned by news or affairs coming into public knowledge within five days of such public assembly so long as the ability of pedestrians and motor vehicles to use public streets and sidewalks is not compromised.

The application must be received at City Hall at least thirty (30) days before the scheduled special event and must be approved by the City Manager. An earlier filing is highly encouraged to facilitate the application review process.  Completed applications may be mailed, emailed, faxed or delivered to:
Traffic Engineering Department
111 W. Vine St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Fax: 615-849-2606

Application to Serve on a City Board or Commission

If you are interested in serving on a city board or commission, please download this form and submit it to the city.

Boards and Commissions

This is a list of citizens serving on the various boards and commissions of the City.

Questionnaire for Appointment to Board / Commission 

A completed questionnaire is requested from any city of Murfreesboro resident who wishes to serve on a city board or commission. 
Fax the questionnaire to the Mayor's Office at 615-849-2679, or deliver to:

111 W. Vine St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37133