Land Disturbance Permits

According to Murfreesboro city ordinance, one must obtain a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) for construction activity disturbing one or more acres of land. Below are the forms and documents the city uses, related to construction site permitting and erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC). These documents helpful in applying for the LDP and inspecting and reporting. Also below is a link to the State’s construction permitting program.

Application for Land Disturbance Permit 
Application For Land Disturbance Permit
A Permit fee of $150.00 and $50.00 per acre disturbed ground or portion thereof is required.  Example – for a project disturbing 5.25 acres, the fee will be $150.00 plus 6 multiplied by $50.00, for a total of $450.00, which is paid at time of Permit issuance after Pre Construction meeting and Engineering Department approval.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

Contact the City’s Engineering Department for assistance with this process. After the application for permit, and prior to issuance of the LDP, contact the Engineering Department to schedule a pre-construction meeting:

Engineering Department
Attn: Land Disturbance Permitting
111 W. Vine St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Before scheduling a pre-construction meeting, the following is needed:

  • Evidence of Planning Commission approval of development plans
  • Site development plans
  • Land Disturbance Permit application
  • Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (EPSC) Plan / SWPP

City staff needs the above materials at least one week (five working days) prior to the desired meeting date. In addition to the general contractor, the EPSC specialist will need to be present at the pre-construction meeting.

Helpful Resources

Browse through several helpful forms, checklists, and informative documents.

City Use Forms These forms are used as a part of inspection and enforcement procedures by the city.