Risk Management

Risk management responsibilities are divided between two City departments: the Legal Department and the Employee Services Department.

Claims Against the City - General Liability & Automobile Liability Claims

To file a claim against the City for personal injury or damage to your property, please call the City of Murfreesboro Legal Department at 615-849-2616 during working hours (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm).

The City of Murfreesboro maintains auto liability insurance and general liability coverage through Public Entity Partners (Policy Number PLI-0654-22).  Public Entity Partners’ address is 5100 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027.

Damage to City-Owned Vehicles or Property

All damage to City-owned property or City-owned vehicles should be reported to the Legal Department by email.  Questions may be emailed or call 615-849-2616.

The City is self-insured for collision and other damage claims to its own vehicles and has been so for over 30 years. The City maintains an adequate reserve for property damage claims and is audited annually by an independent account firm to ensure the sufficiency of such reserves.  The Risk Management Fund was created for the purpose of administering these funds in accordance with T.C.A. §29-20-205.

Workers’ Compensation

For City employees: To make a workers’ compensation claim, contact the Employee Services Department.  

The City’s workers’ compensation program is administered by Public Entity Partners. Should you have any questions, please contact a claims adjuster.  Any issues or concerns will be addressed by the adjuster assigned to your claim.  Public Entity Partners may be contacted at (800) 288-0829 or (615) 370-4180.


The City of Murfreesboro employs a Safety Officer, who works to identify, minimize, and prevent risk exposures through regular inspections of City facilities and providing educational training for City employees.  The Safety Officer can be reached through the Employee Services Department.