Watch Murfreesboro break ground for a new school, the Center for the Arts showcasing ‘Memphis, the Musical,’ and plans for an upgraded Bragg Bark Park on City TV in August. ‘In the City’ is hosted by Michael Linn White and produced by video producer Steve Burris.
The August 2018 episode airs on CityTV throughout the month of August or anytime on YouTube at https://youtu.be/N-TZP-ChbnE . The new episode began airing Thursday, Aug. 9, on CityTV. The news magazine show airs every day at 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Channel 3 and 1094 on Comcast Xfinity, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, and YouTube.
The August edition of “In the City” features:
- ‘If you build it they will come.’ A new elementary school will become Murfreesboro’s ‘Field of Dreams’ for schoolchildren when it opens in Fall 2019. In the City takes you to the groundbreaking for the City’s 13th school at Saint Andrews Drive and Veteran’s Parkway https://youtu.be/qO23sA3T3aI.
- Murfreesboro is known as a pet-friendly City and its about to get even friendlier with a General Bragg Trailhead Bark Park makeover. Hear about the new amenities from Murfreesboro Parks and Rec and the Boyd Foundation https://youtu.be/tdZuKIE7Rkg.
- The City of Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department has been recognized for its commitment to history and historic preservation. It comes after the department restored its first piece of fire-fighting equipment the City, an 1892 Ahrens Steam Fire Engine. The steam engine is one of only ten such models left in the U.S. and will be showcased at the new Fire Station 4 when it opens on Medical Center Parkway.
- The new Technology Engagement Center on the Hobgood Elementary School campus is now open with temporary hours. The new tech center with desk top and lap top computers and 3-D printing is designed to help residents who don’t have access to the internet. It’s a prime example of how private-public partnerships invest in the community’s future. Watch story at https://youtu.be/dqHp-tavMhg.
- A new production of Murfreesboro Center for the Arts reminds us of the importance of music in our lives. ‘Memphis, the Musical’ is another example of why you don’t have to travel to Nashville for quality live-stage entertainment. ‘Steel Magnolias’ is now performing. For more information, visit www.Boroarts.org. Watch Memphis, the Musical https://youtu.be/jjMOn73wpBc
- Rutherford County is tackling the problem of illegal dumping head-on with a new Environmental Court. Hear why environmental matters have a specific court docket judge to deal with violators at https://youtu.be/2KLBVCrlwAA.
- Plus, City election results and reaction, back-to-school tips, and details on the first steps in the City’s administrative reorganization in this month’s ‘In the City’
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or www.murfreesborotn.gov/citytv.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov .