The 2020 Census will impact how Rutherford County citizens are represented in Congress and how federally-funded services in the community are delegated. Learn more about when the count begins and ways to complete the form by watching ‘In the City.’
The January 2020 edition of CityTV’s ‘In the City,’ your source of what’s happening in the City of Murfreesboro, is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/7JGFvmkuYCY and airing on CityTV throughout the month.
The January edition of “In the City” features:
- Discovery School students learn about adaptive technology for children with special needs through Discovery Tikes https://youtu.be/H1dLv4YfSkk.
- Learn about the holiday tradition of Kwanzaa in Murfreesboro. Michael Linn White has the story about the celebration and the principles that began in 1966 and marked Dec.26-Jan. 1 https://youtu.be/wdIGVG-E37w.
- The 2020 U.S. Census is gearing up https://youtu.be/2LSRnKR2mVc.
- The City hosted a Public Information Session to answer questions about the possible merger of Murfreesboro Electric and Middle Tennessee Electric. This ‘In the City’ report addresses many of the questions raised by citizens and councilmembers https://youtu.be/R_qrenKwlUE.
- More than 2,000 wreaths were placed on the graves of soldiers at Stones River National Battlefield as part of Wreaths Across America https://youtu.be/L8uHRaZa17A.
- Michael Linn White spent a day with U.S. Park Rangers to highlight the importance of a battle fought 157 years ago—the Battle of Stones River https://youtu.be/anxUhJB0W98.
- One of the City’s newest employees says he quickly realized why his position was needed. As a project engineer in the Planning Department, Jim Luebbering specializes in transportation engineering and stormwater management to help a growing City maintain quality development https://youtu.be/_eT3caXLdck.
- Plus, a new superintendent at Patterson Park Community Center, Christmas Tree Recycling, Wedding Dresses Through the Decades and top honors for Murfreesboro Police officers.
‘In the City’ is hosted by award-winning multimedia journalist Michael Linn White and produced by Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The January 2020 episode is airing on CityTV throughout the month or anytime on YouTube and Facebook. The monthly magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on Channel 3 and 1094 on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Channel 99 on AT&T Uverse, Roku, Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave app, and YouTube.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.