The Murfreesboro Housing Authority is featured in the latest edition of “The Insider,” the City’s monthly podcast, premiering Saturday, March 20. Listen to this edition of “Insider” at https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/. The guest for this edition of “The Insider” is Thomas Rowe, chief executive officer for MHA.
If you prefer to watch the podcast on YouTube, including video, graphics and maps of the projects, visit https://youtu.be/nX-seGzn22E. The video version will premiere on CityTV, YouTube, and Facebook at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 20.
The Murfreesboro Housing Authority is engaged in a two-phase plan to redevelop two affordable-housing communities in Murfreesboro—Parkside and Mercury Court—similar to Oakland Courts. The plans require City Planning approval with Phase One anticipated in Fall 2021.
Affordable housing issues discussed with Thomas Rowe include:
- The mission of the Murfreesboro Housing Authority, a quasi-governmental agency.
- What is affordable rental housing and how vital is the need in Murfreesboro?
- How far is the process in redeveloping Oakland Court I and II?
- In redeveloping Oakland Court, what other functionality—green space, security, parking changes are being implemented?
- Why is MHA developing a master plan for Parkside and Mercury Court?
- Why is public housing being redeveloped across the country and who benefits?
- What is the difference between affordable housing and workforce housing?
The Murfreesboro Housing Authority provides interested citizens with an MHA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/murfreesborohousingauthority and information on the Mercury Park Master Plan is available at http://www.mercuryparkmasterplan.com..
This latest edition of “The Insider” is available via Podbean, Spotify, Apple Podcast and “Amazon Music/Audible.” Podcasts can be accessed on the City of Murfreesboro’s website. Just click the “Podcast” link on the bottom of the homepage under “Connect With Us” https://cityofmurfreesborotn.podbean.com/ then click the latest episode or listen to previous episodes.
“The Insider” is hosted by Mike Browning and produced by award-winning producer Michael Nevills at City Hall.
Murfreesboro CityTV can be found on Comcast Channel 3 and 1094, AT&T U-verse channel 99, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV via Cablecast Screen weave, YouTube, and the City website www.murfreesborotn.gov/citytv.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.