“In the City,” hosted by Michael Linn White, features 2022 Road Projects and the Future Land Use Map. Murfreesboro’s video magazine also highlights Councilman Bill Shacklett, honored by MainStreet.
“In the City” is currently airing on YouTube, CityTV and other platforms features the latest City news at https://youtu.be/CnoASgXKaqA . “In the City” is produced by Multi-Media Producer Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
Stories in the March edition of “In the City” include:
- Chris Griffith, executive director of Public Infrastructure, highlights five major Road Projects scheduled to get underway in 2022. The projects widen roadways, add bridges, and enhance traffic flow and safety https://youtu.be/jzrFUvMY__U
- The Future Land Use Map has been updated by the Murfreesboro Planning Department. Changes, including economic targets, infill services, mixed-form housing, were introduced to citizens at City Hall https://youtu.be/sFdqDNMUszw
- Councilman Bill Shacklett is honored by MainStreet Murfreesboro for his years of serving the community with compassion and integrity with the Doug Young Downtown Leadership Award https://youtu.be/Ds-MJjM-WLE
- Murfreesboro Firefighter Andrew Carter receives the ‘Jerry Anderson Hero Award’ from the Murfreesboro NAACP https://youtu.be/qLOoXIaqsCI
- Dads and Daughters get dressed up for the first ‘Daddy Daughter Dance’ at Patterson Park Community Center https://youtu.be/sLb0kpu6j6w
- For the ninth year, the ‘Community Baby Shower Sort-A-Thon’ packs baby bags full of essentials for over 500 new and expectant parents https://youtu.be/soN2txPb5yI
- Murfreesboro firefighters conduct MFRD Extrication Training https://youtu.be/k1KXt2aXp0E
- Read to Succeed encourages ‘Unplug and Read’ to promote literacy https://youtu.be/CMnfcxjCn04
- Plus, Pack the Cruiser, MPDs Steve Jarrell, MCS awarded, Pet of the Month and Summer Camps
The March 2022 edition of “In the City” is airing on CityTV throughout the month or can be viewed anytime on the City of Murfreesboro’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on CityTV. Murfreesboro CityTV can be viewed on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV.
To view the Future Land Use Map, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov/planning. The proposed changes will be introduced to the Planning Commission, Wednesday, March 16, at 1 p.m. at Murfreesboro City Hall.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.