Road Projects, Historic Districts, and Downtown Development are stories featured on “In the City,” Murfreesboro’s monthly video magazine. “In the City” is currently airing on YouTube, CityTV and other platforms throughout the month of August, featuring the latest City news at https://youtu.be/KjwEmB6pxBs.
Stories in the August edition of “In the City” include:
- It is the talk of the town and Middle Tennessee after a Murfreesboro Police Officer Helped an 84-year-old woman walking down Old Fort Parkway to her hair appointment. Watch the video that features the generosity that generated thousands of views, likes, and comments on social media. Larry Flowers profiles Officer Lance Hofmeister https://youtu.be/VOqCNIo_UQs
- If traffic is one your mind, Public Infrastructure Executive Director Chris Griffith recently updated the City Council on ongoing Road Projects throughout the City https://youtu.be/NTSzWmolUaE
- Did you know the Murfreesboro has two historic zones. Learn more about Historic Districts and their mission to preserve history from the newly elected Historic Zoning Commission chair Bill Jakes in this report by Steve Burris https://youtu.be/b5nxQj9dWN8
- A Nashville development company wants to redevelopment a key area of downtown Murfreesboro. Find out about the aggressive mixed-use proposal for Downtown Development along Broad Street from Mayor Shane McFarland https://youtu.be/AfTzNz50DUQ
- Michael Linn White features First Shot Basketball Camp at Patterson Park. Founder Andy Herzer teaches life skills to help youth find their passion https://youtu.be/CfaKRZPYV7o
- MPD hosted four Summer Camps in 2022 with Safety Resource Officers sharing their training while building relationships and engaging in a variety of activities https://youtu.be/m82qZFQInIc
- Plus, STARS, Pet of the Month, and the 9-1-1 Heroes Run Sept. 10.
Michael Linn White hosts “In the City” produced by Multi-Media Producer Steve Burris every month in the studios located at Murfreesboro City Hall.
The August 2022 edition of “In the City” is airing on CityTV throughout the month or can be viewed anytime on the City of Murfreesboro’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on CityTV.
Murfreesboro CityTV can be viewed on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV and Mobile devices via the App Store.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.