Murfreesboro Municipal Airport will undergo a runway facelift beginning June 15, 2023. Learn more about the resurfacing in the latest edition of ‘In the City,’ your source of what is happening in the growing city of Murfreesboro.
“In the City,” the City of Murfreesboro’s video magazine, is hosted Michael Linn White.
Watch “In the City” on CityTV, YouTube, and other platforms. The monthly video magazine is airing its latest edition throughout June. Watch “In the City” on YouTube at https://youtu.be/n2oOfpD5Q7A.
Stories in the June edition of “In the City” include:
- Airport Director Chad Gehrke explains why Murfreesboro’s Municipal Airport will undergo required resurfacing and temporary shutdown June 15–July 15. Gehrke also discusses the economic development benefits of the airport and the projects funding sources https://youtu.be/LLXCjjyUfD4
- Murfreesboro Parks & Recreation sponsors a Facebook-based Scavenger Hunt, April-July, on the Greenway for a second year. Parks Coordinator Allison Davidson explains how participants can win free passes to Boro Beach by sending pics to email@example.com Watch video https://youtu.be/_Bc8xc4NF8U
- Station 6, located at 2302 Memorial Blvd., is proudly showing off its new 75-foot aerial ladder Truck. CityTV was there when Murfreesboro Fire Rescue put the new truck into service on May 10, 2023, with a tradition dating back a century https://youtu.be/s36JoPRJSK0
- Watch the dedication of “The Hope Effect”—beautiful Mosaic Benches, created by a world-renowned local artist Sherri Warner Hunter, unveiled at Gateway Island Trail, thanks to a grant by the National Endowment for the Arts https://youtu.be/Ifz227NvDto
- The Murfreesboro Stormwater Department invites the public to Rain Barrel Workshops June 24 and August 23. Water Quality Specialist Perez Brown encourages citizens to prevent runoff and save on water bills after taking home a barrel for your garden https://youtu.be/vu7XzhO18MQ
- Opening Day of the 2023 Murfreesboro Saturday Morning Market attracted a large crowd to purchase goods from over sixty local vendors. Brittini March was among the customers who talked to Michael Linn White. The Market is every Saturday from 8:00 a.m.-Noon www.mainstreetmurfreesboro.org Watch Video https://youtu.be/Vthc6VfPYe8
- Linebaugh Library’s 9th Annual Free Comic Book Day attracted over four hundred comic book enthusiasts. Library staffer Garrett Crowell talks about the loud and fun event in what is typically seen as a quiet place https://youtu.be/zY56UzRhmWI
- Special Olympics held its annual Spring Games at MTSU in May featuring running races, long jumping and softball throwing and big smiles from participants. Assistant Parks & Recreation Director Thomas Laird emphasizes the goal of annual Spring Games in this report by Steve Burris https://youtu.be/AcNu26OgZ30
- Plus, Solid Waste Ordinance requirements promo, Juneteenth June 15-17 https://youtu.be/Mhh7tGSDGCA , PAWS “Pet of the Month,” and the STARS Award.
“In the City,” produced by award-winning multimedia producer Steve Burris, is your source for what is happening in the growing City of Murfreesboro.
The June 2023 edition of “In the City” is airing on CityTV throughout the month or viewed anytime on the City of Murfreesboro’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on CityTV.
View Murfreesboro CityTV on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, and Mobile devices via the App store.
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.