We want you and your family to have a fun and safe Fourth of July Celebration!
Within the City limits, fireworks may only be used on July 3rd, 4th, and 5th from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
It is illegal to sell fireworks to:
- Anyone younger than 16 years old. Purchasers close to that age must present to vendors a state-issued photo identification as proof of age or must be accompanied by an adult
- Any intoxicated person
- Any irresponsible person
It is illegal for anyone within the City to sell, use, or even possess:
- Mortar fireworks with a tube (single or multiple) greater than 1½" in diameter
- Reloadable fireworks
- Bottle rockets
Fireworks cannot be used:
- On private property without permission of the owner
- On public property, which including public streets
- Within 600' of any church, hospital or public school and 22’ for a fireworks vendor.
- “Use” of a firework occurs where it is lit or launched and where it is directed or lands.
Fireworks cannot be discharged
- From or at a motor vehicle
- At a group of people
Note: Firework vendors in the City must provide purchasers a written list of the days and the hours of lawful use of when fireworks are permitted. Vendors must also provide written safety instructions appropriate for the type of fireworks sold.