The September edition of CityTVs “In the City” is airing all this month on Murfreesboro’s government channel, YouTube, and other media platforms. In the City is your source for what is happening in Murfreesboro.
A new Transit Center, “Unity in the Community,” and a new Pre-School. These are just some of the stories featured this month “In the City,” which begins airing Labor Day, Sept. 4th at 6 p.m.
CityTV magazine Host Michael Linn White and producer Steve Burris present the latest happenings in the growing City. The September edition of “In the City” is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/jogTBkOYeEs. YouTube links to individual stories are provided below. Stories in the September edition of “In the City” include:
- The City’s transit system, which began in 2007, is upgrading public transportation with a new City-specific mobile app and a future Transit Center on New Salem Hwy. and Bridge Ave. Assistant Transportation Director Russ Brashear talks about Murfreesboro Transit’s news buses, new logo, and new transit facility https://youtu.be/oR30fullYPM?si=oku-xrg22pOKrfKQ
- Patterson Park Community Center hosted “Unity in the Community” once again. CityTVs Marcus Delaney tells the history of the annual program and the community center as a safe place for diverse populations to gather for fun, learning and character-building https://youtu.be/M4-ChbN09tI?si=Rd_QaLpIYk10qfV0
- MCS kicks off a New Pre-School on Cason Lane with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony. Steve Burris features Cason Lane Pre-School Principal Robin Newell and MCS Director Trey Duke on the school system’s newest addition https://youtu.be/fioz5B0Ymos?si=51oPHbT_lFrJrj4i
- City Council members heard a concept plan for Daylighting Town Creek along NW Broad Street. Architects from Ragan Smith say what began as a need to upgrade failing infrastructure turned into an opportunity for an urban park. See the vision for connecting Murfree Spring and Discovery Center with Cannonsburgh Village https://youtu.be/Ei8Uo_-04F0?si=-8siVyu6W5j0I2kA
- The development of a master plan for Blackman Park is spearheaded by Gresham-Smith, a Nashville-based architectural firm. Jason Kocmar outlined the early stages of the master plan for open space, event space, passive recreation and walking trails. Steve Burris reports.
- The Technology Center celebrates five years of bridging the digital divide by serving the community with access to emerging technologies https://youtu.be/9bV9TMIUTSE?si=J-0ABdOi4y2ryRVJ
- Plus, MFRDs Roger Toombs retires, the MPD Part-Time Employee of the Year, and PAWS Pet of the Month
The September 2023 edition of “In the City” is airing on CityTV throughout the month or viewed anytime on the City of Murfreesboro’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. The magazine show airs every day at 8:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. on CityTV.
View Murfreesboro CityTV on Comcast Xfinity Channels 3 and 1094, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, and Mobile devices via the App store.
Learn more about programs at Patterson Park and the Parks & Recreation Department by visiting www.murfreesborotn.gov/pattersonpark or call 615-893-7349
For all the latest City news, visit www.murfreesborotn.gov or watch the most recent newsbreaks and past episodes of “In the City” on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro or https://www.murfreesborotn.gov/videos.
For City News online, visit www.Murfreesborotn.gov.