Can you give me legal advice?

The Legal Department does not and cannot give legal advice to individual citizens and businesses. The Legal Department only provides legal assistance to the city. 

A list of Free Legal Help Clinics may be found here.

Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services has both phone (1-844-HELP4TN) 844-435-7486 and online resources.

 If you have a personal legal problem and have a low income, you may be able to get legal help from:

Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands

The Rutherford/Cannon County Bar Association sponsors a Free Legal Clinic:

Greenhouse Ministries
309 S. Spring St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Ph: 615-494-0499
Every Thursday.
Sign-ups begin at 3:00 p.m.
Limited spaces available.
No appointment necessary.

The Nashville Bar Association sponsors Dial-A-Lawyer on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.  Call 615-242-9272 and you will be placed in the queue. Wait time and availability will vary depending on available attorneys and number of calls.

 Legal Aid and Pro Bono of Nashville can be reached at 615-244-6610.

Show All Answers

1. Can you give me legal advice?
2. Where can I find the City Code and laws?
3. What are the City's laws about panhandling and solicitation?
4. What are the City's laws about fireworks?
5. What are the City’s laws about noise?
6. What are the City's laws about animals?
7. What are the City's laws about signs?